Best SEO in 2023
As we close the book on 2022, we are moving forward to look at an overview for 2023 and what that will bring in the marketing world. What makes marketing so exciting is that it is always changing. This includes SEO. In fact, Google is constantly updating its algorithm in order to enhance search results for its users. Every year, marketers have to keep up with new SEO trends that are shaping the digital landscape. Just by reading this, you already have a head start! Learn more about the Best SEO in 2023 and how to align your marketing campaigns with these strategies.
Why SEO Matters
There is ever-growing competition online. So businesses always need to make sure that they’re implementing the best SEO methods. While digital marketing progresses, new and improved techniques will arise. In order to stand out and rank higher in Google and Bing. SEO experts spend a solid amount of time regularly trying to figure out how they can improve their tactics. Since there are constantly new changes in the SEO industry, they are constantly on their toes. If your goal is to beat out the competition, you MUST be following the most updated SEO practices.
Best SEO in 2023
In 2023, there is going to be a focus in how to display expertise and value in content. The goal is to continue to provide high-performing web pages for users. These strategies have always been essential. However, Google is getting better at evaluating signals and determining if the content is meeting these standards.
Top SEO Trends In 2023
These are a few of the top SEO trends in 2023
- Google’s EAT (Expertise, Experience, Authority, Trust)
- Optimizing Your Website For Google Discover
- Getting on Google Featured Snippets
- SEO Optimized Product Pages
- Fast-Loading and High-Performing Websites
- Relevant Meta Titles and Descriptions
- Doing Regular SEO Audits
Google’s EAT (Expertise, Experience, Authority, Trust)
Several years ago, Google unveiled its EAT acronym which stands for Expertise, Authority, Trust. (They had later added an additional E for “Experience”.) Now, this acronym has gained importance in 2023. It is a principle that guides the quality of content on Google.
- Expertise: The level of experience and knowledge that the author has on the topic
- Experience: Does the content creator have first-hand and real-world experience on the topic discussed?
- Authority: The level of credibility that the content creator has in that industry or community
- Trust: Is content creator providing accurate information in an ethical and responsible manner?
Google’s EAT is important as it is used to assess the quality and credibility of a website. It will be particularity important for websites that are expected to provide top-notch information or advice, such as news websites, medical sites and review websites.
Optimizing Your Website For Google Discover
Google Discover is feed that shows up on Google’s homepage for mobile users. It assists by improvising user search activities to understand their interests and preferences. Google Discover functions by presenting visitors with the best matches for search queries based on their interests and preferences.
Make it your goal to get your website featured on Google Discover. It will greatly increase their traffic and connect you with millions of users.
- Strengthen the quality of content on your website (this is a given)
- Focus on using excellent visuals
- Integrate high-quality website-optimized videos
- Optimize your website for the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) because of the importance of being optimized for mobile
Getting on Google Featured Snippets
Google Featured Snippets have been around for some time. Google snippets answer the user intent in a more enhanced way. In 2023, you should focus on Featured Snippets as part of your SEO strategy. This is because they appear on the top of the search query results pages. They gain more attention and clicks from users as a result.
Use Relevant Meta Titles and Descriptions
Your website’s page’s should have relevant meta titles and descriptions that contain quality keywords and clearly describe the webpage’s purpose clearly. Not only does it define the contents of a web page to your visitors, but also search engine bots who are crawling your site. Titles are one of the first things that a user will read on the search results page. So, they need to be eye-catching as well as contain relevant keyword phrases.